Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"THE fear Factor"

"THE fear Factor"

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 2:9 NIV

When I started doing hair MANY years ago, I started as a shampoo technician. Now as the years went on I wanted more because there was much more in me than being confined to a shampoo bowl. Eventually I faced my fear and got cards made and I started promoting my gift. In my early twenties I was a go-getter and I was unstoppable. As time went by I made up my mind(changed my perspective), and went to the owner of the Salon and with BOLDness told her that on a particular date I would no longer be her shampoo technician. I had clients but not enough to make a BOLD move or statement of such. Needless to say I stepped OUT on Faith and Trusted God and started renting a booth that cost me $100 a week. The scripture clearly says that WHEREVER Joshua went The Lord would be right there. That was a reality for me as well, I had no product, supplies or booth rent(money). BUT, what I had was my GOD and what He had Promised. In my decision making the supply man came by, I told him that next week I would be an official booth renter. He said that he was proud of me and that was a HUGE step. So he said, "come out to the product van and get what you need and pay me when you get yourself established". Come on here somebody, Good God from Zion!!! Then one of my friends drove from Atlanta after I told him of my decision and took me to Sally's Beauty Supply and gave me $300 to get what I needed to start my journey. That Tuesday before I started work I went in my prayer closet(back then it was my bathroom), and lifted my hands with tears streaming and covering my face and I said, "Father I stretch my hands to Thee NO other HELP I know." Got to work and on a Tuesday(slow day) 3 persons needing relaxers walked through the door   and as the day progressed a lady came in wanting a shampoo and style. Hello somebody!!! In the words of my Mother, "Won't He Do IT"!! Yes He Did! I gave the Salon owner my booth rent($100), that was due on Saturday on Tuesday. You see if I had let fear trap me, I would have never left where I was. After that Faith Move I opened up my own Salon and the rest has been my process and journey. The fear Factor is nothing more than NOT Trusting in God. Operating in fear causes you to rely on your own strength, knowledge and capabilities. The Bible says, "for God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
So if in fact and it is a true fact, that God didn't give us the spirit of fear. Where did it surface from? Past failures and rejection are a MAJOR part of fear. Fear presents the outcome of a situation/circumstance as a foggy day and will not allow you to SEE God. Fear prompts you to walk by sight and stay in a place of comfort, confinement, complacency, stagnation and paralyzation. You become immobile, because you are afraid to step out of what is familiar to you. My God is a MOVING Forward God, not an immovable God. He is the King of Kings and The Lord of Lords! He is my Peace, Fortress, Strong Tower, Refuge, Provider, Comforter and much more. Entail and with BOLD conclusion, He IS Qua' Sonya's EVERYTHING!!!  I Command fear to be Gone, I Declare and Decree with Holy Boldness fear is totally annihilated. Don't let fear define, shape or form your thoughts. As a man thinketh, so is he. Today, be Strong and Courageous and Trusting that when you take that first step forward God is most Certainly with you!

Who is fear? What is fear? In God I have NO fear!!!

Perpetual Peace and Unmerited Favor on your week!! QDJ

Rest in Peace my Friend Summer Hillsman. 

No comments: