Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Walking with a Purpose IN Obedience"

"Walking with a Purpose IN Obedience"

1 Samuel 15:22--But Samuel replied, "What is more pleasing to The Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams. NLT 

About 3 weeks ago my car was down and I had no means of transportation except a ride to church and then back home. Well one day, while waiting on the accumulation of funds(working each week) to get my car fixed, Jayden didn't have a way home from school. My fuel pump was broken and after doing my research it was pretty costly to repair. I called 2 of my good friends knowing they would be able to pick Jay up for me. Both friends were in predicaments and could not come through. Oh my, my world was shattered, they could not produce. Then I heard in my Spirit just as clear as day, "use what you have". Huh?? What I had was the activity of my limbs and mobility to move. Now I could have made more calls, BUT I had to be Obedient. I had to, "Walk with a Purpose, IN Obedience". This just seemed absurd to me, but God had Divine Purpose in so many ways. So I got out of my party of pity and woe it's "Q" and packed my backpack with snacks and water for Myself and Jay. I put on my headphones, shades and put IT into MOTION. To make it plain and personal, The Lord told me to, "WALK"! God is MOST Faithful because that particular day the wind was blowing and it was not hot. What normally took me 7 minutes while driving took me 45 minutes walking. I was conditioned for the process because I walk/workout about 4 to 5 times a week. On my journey of walking it seemed that everyone was passing me and getting to their expected end faster. On the way I saw people running, driving cars, riding motorcycles and whatever else they had. But it seemed I wasn't getting to my destination fast enough. I hit a hill and it seemed as if I would never come down.
But when I began to embrace where I was(cool crisp air, beautiful green trees, the ability to move) it did not seem bad at all. While walking, periodically I would look UP and see an Eagle(strength) soaring over me. I said, "Lord I know You are here". Upon reaching my destination I SEE my neighbor passing by. Oh my, here comes obedience OR sacrifice. She spins back around and says, "girl what are you doing"? I said, "exercising AND picking up Jay". She said, "oh no, get in this car or at least let me get Jay". I said, "I am fine". She left in confusion. It did not make sense to her, BUT perfect sense to me. God said walk! I could have took the ride or even allowed her to pick Jay up(sacrifice). But I was set in my HEART on being OBEDIENT. I kept walking with tears in my eyes, I knew God had Divine Purpose behind this process and episode of my life. When I got to the school, the Principle looked confused and said, "Miss Johnson, are you walking to get Jayden today"? I replied, "yes Sir, my car is down". He looked confused as well and said, "you're going to make Jayden walk that far"? I motioned my head yes because I got choked up about the whole process. By this time, Jay walks out with the BIGGEST Smile on his face. Jayden says, "mommy the car is still not fixed"? I said no, we are walking, he says, "COOL, let's GO"!! While talking and embracing the laughter and fellowship with my son, the phone rings. Out of OBEDIENCE, that was the call that sent a check to cover the entire bill of the car. Come on here GLORY!!! You see Saul pulled a "partial", God does not operate in partial(1 Samuel 15:7-8), He said, "destroy ALL".  Saul did what seemed right to him. People may not understand your reason behind certain things that you have to do, BUT, when God is in the motion picture obedience is a MUST. Out of disobedience Saul lost everything(1 Samuel 15:23). In closing Jayden said, "mommy that Eagle has been soaring over us since we have been walking". I just looked at him and smiled and said, "son as you can SEE, God is with us and has been since I started walking". Hello Somebody!! Good God from Zion!!! Be encouraged today in obedience, it takes a strong willing, submitted heart to walk in obedience. What FEELS or seems right to us, most of the time does not line up with God. 

Walking is slower but has a powerful impact and purpose in the END.  QDJ

Rest in Peace Summer Hillsman!! Gone BUT always IN our hearts!

No comments: